"These fallen heroes represent the character of a nation
who has a long history of patriotism and honor -
and a nation who has fought many battles
to keep our country free from threats of terror."

-- Michael N. Castle

Saturday, February 03, 2007

So who is Pam?


You've already heard from Sketch - I thought I'd let you know a little about who I am, particularly since I know some of Sketch's family and friends are going to be checking in on the blog.

First of all, I'm a pure civilian. I am an avid (or rabid) supporter of our troops. I joined Soldiers' Angels in early 2004, and have never looked back. The reason I joined was that I made a promise to myself a long time ago that what happened to returning troops from Vietnam would never happen again - at least, not in my little corner of the world. As it turns out, my first adoptee is now headed back for a second tour in Iraq.

I'm also the blogger of Iraq War Today (iraqwarnews.net). (Note: The views expressed at that blog are solely mine - it should not be assumed that Sketch and I share the same opinions on everything)

My relatives have served in every major U.S. war, starting with the American Revolution. My father-in-law is a veteran of three tours with the Special Forces in Vietnam. Desert Storm is the first U.S. engagement that hasn't seen one of my relatives on the front lines (although if I'd joined when I was looking to, I likely would have been there).

At any rate, how I met Sketch was that Patti, the founder of Soldiers' Angels, let me know about a recently submitted Hero who was an avid motorcyclist. As I'm a motorcyclist too, I happily became one of Sketch's "Angels."

In emailing with Sketch, we talked about his dream of a custom-built bike, and how he wanted to use it to pay tribute to fallen Heroes. A little brainstorming, and here we are. Soldiers' Angels signed on to be a part of the project, too.

So, I'm helping Sketch with the project from here, while he's over there, and will stay involved once he's safely back at home.

It's an honor to be involved in this project, and an honor to be Sketch's "Angel."

So, you'll see me posting here, and I'll be answering many of the emails we get. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you'll be back to check the progress of the bike as it goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Soldiers Angels said...

Pam is the greatest!!
Thank you for your service sir,
Patti

18:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home