"These fallen heroes represent the character of a nation
who has a long history of patriotism and honor -
and a nation who has fought many battles
to keep our country free from threats of terror."

-- Michael N. Castle

Monday, May 14, 2007

Remembering...


I've been a little on edge lately. I have a friend in the 1-4 CAV who I hadn't heard from in a while. Not all that surprising, given how busy I know they've been, but I knew things had been pretty ugly in the area they'd been operating in. I also knew they'd lost four Soldiers.

I know that my worry can't compare to the fear and worry that family members go through, but I was worried nonetheless.

I finally heard from him Saturday morning, and thank goodness, he's fine.

But four other 1-4 CAV Soldiers will not be delivering that same message:

PFC Steven J. Wahlberg, only 18, was from Paradise, California. He died April 15 of wounds sustained from enemy small arms fire. The Patriot Guard Riders were there to salute him as he was laid to rest.

PFC Aaron M. Genevie was 22, and called Chambersburg, PA home. He died April 16 of wounds sustained when his vehicle struck an IED. The Patriot Guard Riders were there to salute him as he was laid to rest.

PFC Christopher M. North was 21. From Sarasota, FL, he died April 21 of wounds suffered when his unit came in contact with enemy forces using an IED and small arms fire.

SPC Robert J. Dixon, 27, was from Minneapolis. He died May 6, of wounds suffered when an IED detonated near his vehicle. The Patriot Guard Riders were there to salute him as he was laid to rest.
Our hearts are with the family, friends, and military brothers and sisters of these fallen Heroes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home